Finding a Custom Home Builder can be quite exciting, really rewarding and really nerve racking if the appropriate Due Diligence is not exercised. A Baiter Is a Builder which will estimate a low cost per square foot dollar sum. Your attention is grabbed by the cost per square foot. The strategy / ploy entices one to get in touch with the Custom Builder. It is when you begin peeling the onion which you begin to understand that the ridiculously low cost per square foot amount did not contain everything (website work, all permits, etc.
1) Make sure the cost offered by any custom home builder is inclusive. This includes, but is not restricted to, all the licenses, all the essential site work drive, excavations, septic, etc. If you are not a handyman you are going to need the Custom Home Building procedure to be fully Turn-Key.
2) Make sure that you compare apples to apples when comparing substances employed by almost any New Home Builder. The usage of 2×4 structures versus 2×6 constructions, Formica Countertops vs. Granite Counter tops, Single Hung windows versus Double Hung Windows, Brick vs. Vinyl Siding, Grades of Cabinets, Grades of Carpet, Grades of Appliances, and the list can go on and on… The best thing to do is conduct a computer dictionary comparing the added specifications of one viewpoint Custom Home Builder to a different Custom Home Builder.
3) Make Sure that you stop by a few Custom Homes which are under construction to test out Build Quality and real materials used. You are going to get, whether there are some payment issues or even if it is a run jobsite you surprised by the answers. See the state of the work website.
4) Be Sure That There is a communication procedure in place. You need to be informed of exactly what events have been scheduled on your home for this week. Pictures, emails, telephone calls, etc. . . . Are all tools to get custom home builders to remain in contact.
5) Be sure any builder you are thinking about has customer testimonials. Contact testimonials and inquire about their experience with the Custom Builder. If people were not pleased with their experience – you will be told by them.